If you’re experiencing domestic abuse, we can put you in touch with other support organisations that understand your specific needs. Below you’ll find a list of organisations who can assist you.

The police

Call the UK police non-emergency number, 101, if you need support or advice from the police and it's not an emergency. If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service on 18001 101.


Police Public Protection Unit

The unit helps vulnerable victims including people who have experienced domestic abuse.

Bishopsgate Police Station
182 Bishopsgate

Opening hours: 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Phone: 020 7601 290 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Email: Publicprotectionunit@cityoflondon.pnn.police.uk

Local support

Vulnerable Victim Advocate

Specialist service for men and women who live and work in the City of London experiencing domestic abuse, sexual violence and hate crime.

Phone: 07944 634946
Free Supportline: 08 08 16 89 111
Email: col.vva@victimsupport.org.uk

To find out about City of London Police victim support drop-in sessions, check Facebook.

Help centres and services

The Havens

Specialist centres in London for people who have been raped or sexually assaulted.

Imece Women’s Centre

Specialist services for women on harmful practices, forced marriage, honour-based violence, female genital mutilation, faith-based abuse.

Iranian and Kurdish Women’s Rights Organisation

Service helping women from all Middle Eastern backgrounds, providing advocacy, training and counselling for women and girl clients.

East London Rape Crisis

Emotional and practical support, signposting and onward referral into appropriate support services.

City of London Children’s Social Care

Care for a child or young person who may be experiencing harm alongside other support including early help.

City of London Adult Social Care

Help and advice for adults experiencing abuse or neglect, or those who feel someone may be at risk.

City of London Housing Advice

Housing advice to keep people safe when they are experiencing domestic abuse, including providing emergency accommodation.

Square Mile Health

Holistic interventions tailored to individual need, and provision of structured, recovery-focused interventions for those wishing to reduce or abstain from substance and alcohol misuse and stop smoking.

Toynbee Hall - City Advice

Free, confidential and impartial advice service for City residents and workers on issues such as debt issues, employment problems, family, housing, welfare benefits, health and wellbeing.

Toynbee Hall – City Wellbeing

Support and assistance on housing and social care issues advice on benefits, pensions, debt and money management social, cultural and leisure activities and community volunteering opportunities.

City Carers Service

Support to carers alongside information and advice on rights and services.

National helplines

Domestic Violence Assist

Specialises in assistance to obtain emergency injunctions from being further abused.

Phone: 0800 195 8699


National Centre for Domestic Violence 

Specialises in assistance to get emergency injunctions from being further abused.

Phone: 0800 970 2070

Women’s Aid Domestic Violence Helpline

Free 24-hour national helpline run by Women’s Aid and Refuge.

Phone: 0808 2000 247



The Hourglass confidential helpline provides information and support to anyone concerned about harm, abuse or exploitation of an older person.

Phone: 0808 808 8141


Men’s Advice Line 

Confidential helpline for male victims of domestic abuse.

Phone: 0808 801 0327


National LGBT Domestic Abuse Helpline 

Emotional and practical support for LGBT+ people.

Phone: 0800 999 5428


National Stalking Helpline

Guidance on the law, how to report stalking, gathering evidence, staying safe and reducing the risk.

Phone: 0808 802 0300


Victim Support

Free and confidential help to victims of crime, witnesses, their family and friends.

Phone: 0808 1689 111