Operation Big Wing
This month the City of London Police will be supporting the Metropolitan Police and British Transport Police during Operation Big Wing. The operation is a
day of concerted police action and engagement and takes place on Tuesday 16 June across London.
The City of London Police, Community Policing Team will be joining our colleagues in the Metropolitan Police and British Transport Police by addressing
community issues and concerns.
Below is a list of the events taking place in the Square Mile on the day
- Crime prevention and public protection advice being given out at Artisan Street Library at 11.00am.
- Bike marking event on Cheapside from 7.30am.
- Road safety activity will also be taking place in the Square Mile.
- Business Engagement Visits throughout the day.
- Meetings with local schools to discuss new Staying Safe initiatives.
- The police Cadets will be carrying out street engagement around crime prevention relating to phone snatch and cycle theft from 5.30pm.
- Community Stall offering crime prevention advice particularly about phone snatches and how to stay safe 10.00am until 3.00pm
- Meeting with local residents and business at Woodins Shades to discuss anti social behaviour in the Bishopsgate and Liverpool Street area.
The public are invited to attend these events and if you wish to contact the Community Engagement Team then please email firstname.lastname@example.org