Find out below how to request information the police hold on you or your client.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. 

Advice tool

Request information about myself, other than my criminal conviction history, for my own personal interest

Thank you. You need to submit a right of access request, which is the official way to request personal information, such as crime reports, that we hold about you on our databases.

Here's how to apply:

Step 1: Download our subject access request form and read the guidance notes.

Step 2: Print and complete the form and post it to us (the address is in the form) along with scans or photocopies of the relevant ID documents (the details are in the form).

You'll also find details in the form of who to contact if you need help completing the form.

 Please note, it's against the law for an employer, or potential employer, to ask you to perform a right of access request as part of a vetting process.